Public Invited to Southeastern Regional's Performing Arts "Just Another High School Play"
Imagine an eager group of high school actors having to face an impatient audience on opening night on their own. The students haven’t been at rehearsals and the drama teacher is missing tonight. No one knows what they are supposed to do. The student assistant director, played by Courtney LaFrance of Stoughton, and stage manager Kaida Havey of Brockton, try to throw something together by passing out an array of scripts they found in a box. The results are “physical comedy, gags and satirical re-writings of many plays from Shakespeare to Albee.”
The 90 minute comedy covers “nearly every angle of the typical high school play with a dose of history and improvisation thrown in for good measure.” Included in the play will be 40 student actors, 5 technical support students and 1 drama teacher. Mansfield’s Els Van Raaij of the Netherlands will make her American acting debut as lead thespian. The ensemble includes the following, by community:
- Brockton: Rachel Almeida, Tyler Auger, Ana Baptista, Myles Brennan, Mischelle Degros-Hebshie, Kristina Germain, Jamaicia Gillard-Lassegu, Nina Hall, John Hamelburg, Kwatazia Hampton Robinson, Kaida Harvey, Catherine Knight, Isaiah Lai-Fook, Rebekka Lawton, Alexis Logan, Jamiyah Monroe, Destiny Morgan, James Morris-Dolar, Matthew Nelson, Marita Nevins, Nashley Nieves, Yasmeen Rahman, Britni Sabella, Melika Santos, Joao Manuel Viega
- East Bridgewater: Ryan Adams, Monica Allen, Michael Hoppe, Clay Thompson, Mark Wilburn
- Easton: Angelina Castaldi, Olivia Gontarz
- Foxborough: Emily Kass, Nicole Young
- Mansfield: Kaylyn Bosh, Taylor Mackie, Coral Massery, Nicole Olson, Els Van Raaij
- Norton: Karissa Jacobs, Nicolas York
- Stoughton: Martine Honore, Courtney Lafrance,
The public is warmly invited to attend the performance on Thursday, November 15, 2012, at 7:00pm in Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School cafetorium, 250 Foundry St., South Easton, MA. General admission is $5.00.
Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School is a public 9-12 vocational high school located in Easton, Massachusetts, serving approximately 1,255 students from the city of Brockton and the towns of East Bridgewater, Easton, Foxborough, Mansfield, Norton, Sharon, Stoughton, and West Bridgewater.