- Organization: AseraCare Hospice
- Causes: Health, Seniors, Women
- Date(s): Ongoing volunteer opportunities in the Attleboro and Taunton area.
- Contact person: Alyssa Soldani-Sylvia
- Phone: 1-781-235-0203
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.aseracare.com
A volunteer spends time with the hospice patient. He or she most often becomes a trusted friend, being there when the patient needs a listening ear, a hand to hold or an open heart. Companions may give emotional support, offer relief to a caregiver for a brief period of time, assist with practical tasks, or provide helpful services such as writing letters or reading to the patient.
Requirements of AseraCare Volunteers are:
4-10 hours of training
Clean drug screen, 2 Step TB test
Proof of current license and auto insurance
Must be 18 years of age