Easton's Weather: Sunny Weekend Post-Sandy
A look ahead at Easton's weather.
WHDH's Christ Lambert is predicting a dry weekend ahead after what was a wet and windy week. Lambert wrote on his blog Friday that we can look forward to "quiet weather" on Saturday and Sunday:
TGIF everyone! I'm certainly looking forward to the quiet weather this weekend, and I'm sure many of you are looking forward to the weekend in general after the long week we've had. I hope all the recovery and clean-up efforts are going as well as they can in our area. For those folks in NY and NJ, they'll have dry weather the next 5 days. Granted, it'll be cold at night with temps in the 30s, but let's hope for a lot of progress being made during the dry stretch of weather they have.
The average high this time of year runs in the mid 50s, and we'll be close to it today, just under it tomorrow, and well below it by Monday. In fact, Monday afternoon, temperatures won't even get out of the middle 40s for many.
I don't expect much rain over the next several days as a dry Northwesterly flow takes over. Maybe an isolated sprinkle today, that's pretty much it. Also, overnight lows trend down and by Sunday night, we'll watch the numbers fall into the 20s in many of the suburbs. That, combined with an early sunset (4:33PM) thanks to the end of Daylight Saving Time ending, will certainly foreshadow what season lies ahead.
By Tuesday night we do have to watch the progress of a coastal storm running up the East Coast. Rain works in late at night and the rain and wind will pick up on Wednesday as a nor'easter sits just offshore. Winds increase out of the northeast at first, then turn more southeast later in the day, bringing in warmer air. As the way I see it now, winds could gust 30-40mph at the coast, but nothing close to what we had with Sandy, and there is no tropical storm or hurricane to get pulled north this go around. Cold enough air may support some snow across western New England, Northern New England and upstate NY, but too much warm air infiltrates our area to support snow.
Below is the Easton forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Today: Cloudy, with a high near 54. West wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight: Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Thursday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%