Patch Recipes: Meatloaf, the Good Kind
It has a good flavor and it's easy to make.
I have no idea how this has happened, but meatloaf has gained a reputation of being boring. Shame on the person who started that rumor! If you flavor it the right way, meatloaf can be the best meal of the week. As a proud meatloaf fan, I am happy to share this recipe.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all meat loaf ingredients together.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape mixture into a loaf.
- For topping, mix all ingredients together and spread on top of loaf
- Bake for 1 hour.