Snow Expected Monday Afternoon in Easton
The snow will turn into a wintery mix Monday night, followed by warmer temperatures this week.
It won't be much, but local forecasters are expecting another snow shower Monday afternoon in Easton and the rest of the Boston area.
"We've had plenty of cold, now we await the snow," wrote WHDH's Chris Lambert in his weather blog. "It won't be a big storm, but the timing of it does not work in our favor. Snow breaks out Monday afternoon in the timeframe of 2-4PM. Perhaps an hour earlier in Worcester County. The snow is light to moderate through sunset, allowing for snow to cover many roads by the evening commute."
Afternoon snow will give way to warmer temperatures, which will result in a wintery mix in Easton, according to the National Weather Service.
The warmer temperatures will remain in place for most of the week, according to Lambert.
"A few more showers along a warm front could run through Tuesday night, but it appears that warm front blasts north Wednesday morning," Lambert wrote. "With a southerly wind taking over, temps warm into the mid to upper 50s. Any breaks of sun allow for 60+. A passing shower is possible Wednesday, but the higher chance for a soaking rain slides in Wednesday night with a cold front. Behind the front, winter returns as we end the week cold."
Below is the full forecast for Easton from the National Weather Service:
- Monday: Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night: Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2am. Low around 30. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday: A chance of rain, mainly before 9am. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 43. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog between 11pm and 4am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday: A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night: Showers likely, mainly between 10pm and 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.