Who's Hiring in Easton?
A look at some available jobs around Easton.
Position Summary Information
Performs a combination of duties consisting primarily of cleaning assigned premises, furniture, and equipment in campus buildings
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, floors, stairways, and common areas of dormitories, townhouses, office buildings and other Campus facilities.
Empties trash buckets, ashtrays, and/or refuse containers.
Clean washrooms, bathrooms, showers, and related fixtures.
Clean surfaces (e.g. walls, windows, ceilings, floors, tiles, stairs, entranceways, doors, etc.) using cleaning agents and/or equipment.
Assist in receiving and moving packages, luggage, and/or supplies when requested.
Move furniture and equipment as directed.
Assist in maintaining security and protecting premises by:
Report defective plumbing, heating, electrical fixtures to head custodian and/or Facilities Management Office.
Report conditions of cleaning equipment and supplies, and/or any defective items in cleaning area to Supervisor or Facilities Management
Work as directed to conserve electricity, power, and water.
Observe safety rules and regulations at all times.
Keep exterior stairs, sidewalks, platforms, and loading docks clean of snow and/or other debris.
Maintain waste pick-up areas in clean, orderly condition and clean waste receptacles as necessary.
Deliver trash to central dumpster, or collect in bulk for pick-up at designated area.
Perform any other duties normally within the scope of a custodian’s duties and as indicated or dictated by special characteristics of the building currently assigned.
Willingness to work overtime.
Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
Must be able to interrelate with fellow employees as needed to get the job done.
Must treat fellow employees, students and visitors to the College with respect.
High School Diploma or GED required.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
The physical demands are described in detail in the “Essential Functions” on file in Employment Services.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy, depending on the particular building and timing of the day.
Valid driver’s license required.
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise in the grocery area and to perform other functions as required in other Departments within the store. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours (overnight or early morning hours) at all times as scheduled or assigned by Grocery Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Open cartons and price items accurately and legibly, keep store management informed of pricing problem areas or discrepancies.
• Order product and maintain inventory control.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products that are either located in the back room or that they may have difficulty in handling.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 50 lbs, push/pull 200 lbs, ability to stock 235 cases per 8 hour shift
• Repetitive Action - Pricing with marking gun, opening cases using safety cutter, stocking product on shelves and displays, return all overstock to stockroom.
• Working Conditions - Inside
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Pricing gun, safety cutter, transport dollies, pallet jack, power jack, compactor
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Part time bookkeeper needed. 15 - 16 hours per week, 3 or 4 days per week. We can can be flexible on days and hours. The successful candidate must know Quickbooks and will be responsible for running a small payroll through Quickbooks. Primary responsibilities include: accounts receivable (tracking and collecting rents) accounts payable (tracking and paying invoices), reconciling bank account statements, tracking and maintaining insurance policies, filing, organizing and other related office duties.