7:16 p.m.: Due to the inclement weather, there will be no school in Easton tomorrow.
4:09 p.m.: The Massachusetts Trial Court has canceled First-day Jurors for Wednesday, January 22nd, in most counties statewide, including Bristol County. Courts in Bristol County will also be closed tomorrow.
3:52 p.m.: Tonight's Board of Health and Planning and Zoning Board meetings have been canceled and Town Offices will close at 6 p.m. tonight and will reopen at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow. The Easton Police Department requests that residents please keep their vehicles off of the streets tonight and tomorrow so that the DPW can plow the roads.
2:37 p.m.: All evening activities have been canceled for Easton Schools. Also, the Youth Writing Group scheduled for tonight from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Ames Free Library has been postponed until a later date.
12:28 p.m.: Due to the impending storm, an Economic Development Self-Assessment report with Barry Bluestone, scheduled for tomorrow at Stonehill College, has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Original Story: Another snowstorm is headed this way and will bring high winds and frigid temperatures with it. Snow should begin this afternoon and will intensify overnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 6-10 inches for the Easton area. Cape Cod and the Islands are expected to get hardest hit by the storm with blizzard conditions and 10 to 14 inches of snow expected.
A potential problem with this storm is wind gusts. Late Tuesday night and Wednesday morning should see wind gusts close to 40 mph, which could lead to power outages. Temperatures are expected to remain in the teens all week.
Here’s what weather forecasters are predicting for us:
- National Weather Service: 6 to 10 inches
- Channel 4, WBZ: 6 to 10 inches
- Channel 5, WCVB: 5 to 10 inches
- Channel 7, WHDH: 5 to 8 inches
- Channel 25, FOX: 8 to 15 inches
- In case of an emergency, dial 911
- Easton Police Department - 508-230-3322
- Easton Fire Department - 508-230-3311
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar: Report a power outage website
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)