Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and servicing of automatic doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers and communicators who excite and inspire others. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented leaders that focus on execution, meet commitments, break through turf issues, and have a passion to exceed customer expectations. With over 150 years in business, Stanley is one of the worlds most recognized and trusted brand names for tools, hardware, doors and home décor products. In addition to joining a world class organization, as a member of the Stanley Team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and solid opportunities for growth. Responsibilities: To service and perform preventative maintenance as required for Stanley Automatic Door Operating Equipment and other electro/mechanical equipment as may be sold or serviced by the branch. • Perform service and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Record productive time versus travel time. • Perform preventive maintenance work in accordance with service program designated for specific customer. • Maintain accurately all work records and parts used at each job in accordance with established procedure. • Keep updated on all changes/modifications to Stanley equipment and Ansi156.10 standard as notified through published communications (TechTip). • Keep manuals and all details up to date as changes are advised. • Maintain company vehicles, tools and other property in proper manner. • Present neat and clean appearance personally and in workmanship, in accordance with company policies. • Maintain adequate parts inventory for service vehicle; keep inventory log. • Test equipment before leaving job site; perform safety check. • Maintain good customer relations and customer service • Other duties as may be required. • Assist and instruct others in install / service methods. • Model, foster and drive the Stanley values including Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Vision, Stretch, Boundaryless and Speed. Qualifications Required: • Associates Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience. • Ability to work independently and effectively. • Must be able to read blueprints. • Good oral and written communication skills. • Dependable – good driver, valid driver license. • Capable of meeting the following physical demands including but not limited to. • Lifting and or carrying weights from 50-75 lbs. for service technicians. • Sitting while driving for periods of time up to 2 hours but not limited to. • Standing on concrete for periods of time up to 8 hours but not limited to. • Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling, Crawling and twisting spine occasionally. • Vision not limited to near, far or colors • Environmental Factors • Work outside in various climate conditions including extreme heat with high humidity, Extreme heat with dry air, extreme cold and wet conditions. • Work around the following conditions moving vehicles, object, hazardous machinery, sharp tools cluttered floors, slippery floors, electrical hazards, poor lighting and wet conditions. • Computer Skills required – Microsoft office, outlook, and SAP experience/knowledge desired. Desired: • Prior Construction, field sales or field service experience • Prior experience with high involvement work teams • Experience in Servicing Automatic Doors • SAP experience Stanley Access Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages applications from women, veterans and minorities.
Work with the Health and Wellness Educator to expand alcohol health education and health promotion programming at Stonehill CollegeEssential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with the coordination of the peer education groups. This includes: organizing and/or conducting trainings; developing and distributing educational materials; acting as a resource person and advisor to the peer educators; serving as a liaison between the peer educators and the Coordinator of Health Education; and recruiting, interviewing and selecting new members.
2. Assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of peer education health workshops, programs, and campus-wide educational campaigns.
3. Assist with the development of campus-wide health initiatives on selected health related issues (eg. relationship violence prevention, positive body image/eating disorders, HIV/AIDS, alcohol and other drugs, stress, etc.) This includes: conducting needs assessment, developing, implementing, and evaluating educational approaches.
4. Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Coordinator of Health Education.
5. Prepare appropriate written reports and statistical documentation.
6. Maintain scheduled daytime office hours as well as conduct evening programs.
7. Assist with other special projects as needed.Minimum Qualifications
1. Graduate student enrolled in a degree program in public health, education or other closely related human relations profession.
2. Significant prior work experience with health education and community programs including development, implementation, and evaluation.
3. Working knowledge of teaching health promotion/health education principles and techniques; community organization and group dynamics; and assessment and program evaluation.Preferred Qualifications
1. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students (with a special emphasis on women), staff, and faculty, community agencies and organizations.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work, exercise good judgement, complete tasks in a timely manner, work autonomously with minimum of supervision, work collaboratively with students and staff, and perform routine office tasks.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in computer skills needed.
4. Creativity, initiative, and flexibility needed.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Powerpoint, Word, Publisher
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, perform other duties as assigned. Handle each picked transaction in an efficient and organized manner according to Company and Department standards. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.Requirements The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Shopping Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Follow approved procedures for picking, storing and labeling product properly.
• Masters store layout for efficient picking procedures.
• Arranges totes for easy access and proper delivery
• Retrieves and fills customers’ orders accurately and on time.
• Handles and maintains all computer hardware properly.
• Control department expenses and utilize energy conservation practices.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all front end duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 50 lbs, and push/pull 200 lbs
• Repetitive Action - Picking customer orders, weighing out produce items, packing orders, storing orders in proper locations until time of delivery
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Hand held computer, electronic scale, cash register, totes
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
North Easton family needs a sitter for 2 pets. Must love animals! Our ideal match will meet the requirements below. Seeking someone to handle feeding on a regular schedule. You should be comfortable picking up waste/scooping litter box/etc.