The Board of Selectmen voted again to reject a new plan to build a 40B apartment complex at 31 Williams Street, just a year after turning down a previous proposal.
Like last year, the Selectmen and Town Administrator David A. Colton were concerned about the density of the proposed project, a three-building complex comprised of six townhouse-style apartments with a total of 22 bedrooms, all on one acre of land.
"In many cases, that's the size of a single family home," said Selectman Daniel Murphy. "There's a lot going on here."
There would be two three bedroom units and four four-bedroom units, two of which would have their fourth bedrooms in the basement.
"Who's going to walk through an unfinished basement to get to their bedroom? There's a lot of problems with this plan," said Colton.
Other concerns with the project include the town getting control of the remaining land after the project, control of a secondary access road, the water table, making sure the historical commission has "ironclad" oversight, the number of bedrooms and restricted parking space.
The selectmen will send these concerns in a letter to the Zoning Board of Appeals, which held their meeting on Tuesday.
Board of Selectmen Chairman Colleen Corona expressed that while people have the right to build on their property "we don't think this is the right project for that neighborhood."