Monday, March 4, 2013
A look at what is happening around Easton.
1. Easton Shovel Shuffle for Habitat for Humanity The Easton chapter of Habitat for Humanity is in the process of raising the funds necessary to build a Habitat House on Highland Street. As part of our fundraising and outreach initiative, the Easton Local Partnership Committee (LPC) is launching its first major fundraiser. The “Shovel Shuffle” is an innovative, easy and fun way to assist Habitat in its mission of providing a simple, decent, affordable place for a selected family to call home. As important, advertisement of your business will travel with the shovel to show your support and partnership with Habitat for the selected family in need. 2. Graphic Novelists: Nicole J. Georges & Cassie J. Sneider at the Ames Free Library Today…
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A look around the Shovel Town today.
1. Easton Lions Grange Thrift Shop The Easton Lions Grange Charitable Thrift Shop is open every Wednesday from 10-2 and Saturdays from 9 to 3. We are located at the intersection of Rt.138 & Elm St, next to the Union Villa. Your donations are tax deductible. New used donated inventory coming in all the time. We are loaded for bear. Dining sets, end tables, couches, chairs, patio sets, glassware, prints, paintings, tools, collectibles, jewelry, nick-knacks, books, toys, bikes, records, clothing, baby things, household items, and an endless count of usable items by the many hundreds. Everything is priced to move and everyone can dicker. No reasonable offers refused. 2. Realty Fireside Chat at Ames Free Library The buying and selling of a home…
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A look at some things happening around the Shovel Town.
1. Easton Lions Grange Thrift Shop The Easton Lions Grange Charitable Thrift Shop is open every Wednesday from 10-2 and Saturdays from 9 to 3. We are located at the intersection of Rt.138 & Elm St, next to the Union Villa. Your donations are tax deductible. New used donated inventory coming in all the time. We are loaded for bear. Dining sets, end tables, couches, chairs, patio sets, glassware, prints, paintings, tools, collectibles, jewelry, nick-knacks, books, toys, bikes, records, clothing, baby things, household items, and an endless count of usable items by the many hundreds. Everything is priced to move and everyone can dicker. No reasonable offers refused. 2. Miss Barbara's Art Adventures at Maplewood Miss Barbara's Art Adventures: …
Monday, December 10, 2012
A look at what is happening around Easton
1. Flu Clinic Set For Wednesday The BOH announces additional flu clinic December 12, 2012. Please click here for full information. 2. E. Coli Found in Untreated Water Click here for a notice from the Easton Water Department regarding an e. coli sample found in untreated well water. 3. Planning and Zoning Board to Meet Tonight The Easton Planning and Zoning Board will meet tonight at Town of Easton Offices. For a full view of the town calendar, click here. 4. Easton Patch is on Facebook Do you "like" Easton Patch on Facebook? Click here to like us! 5. Easton Officials to Discuss Marijuana Dispensary Zoning Implications The Planning and Zoning Board will be discussing the issue in coming meetings. Click here for more.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
A look at what is happening today around the Shovel Town.
1. Hearing and Vision Screenings at the Food Pantry Today at noon, the Easton Lions Club will offer free hearing and vision screenings to all Easton Food Pantry recipients and any veterans interested in the program. Southeast Rehab will also offer blood pressure and diabetes screenings. 2. After School Art at the Children's Museum in Easton Every Tuesday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm starting on September 25, drop by The Children’s Museum in Easton to try out our new program, After School Art! You will get the chance to use a variety of materials and techniques to make cool projects like printmaking, clay sculpture and tie dye. By learning new artistic skills, you will have the chance to express yourself in fun, creative ways! After School Art …
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
What is happening today in Easton?
1. Animal Happenings at the Children's Museum Stop in and see fascinating live animals every other Tuesday from 10:00 am to 10:45 am beginning on September 18 at Animal Happenings at The Children’s Museum in Easton. Enjoy an informal petting zoo and learn about different animal friends and how to care for them. Children and the whole family will have a chance to interact and learn about a new animal each week. Come and learn about new and exciting animals during every visit! Animal Happenings does not require registration and is free with admission to the Museum. 2. After School Art at the Children's Museum Every Tuesday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm starting on September 25, drop by The Children’s Museum in Easton to try out our new program, …
Thursday, October 11, 2012
A look at what is happening around town today.
1. Sean Bielat to Chat LIVE on Patch today! If you have a question for Republican congressional candidate Sean Bielat, or you just want to see how he responds to readers' questions, Patch is the place to be. Bielat, who is running for the Fourth Congressional District seat, will take your questions in a live text chat on Easton Patch Thursday, Oct. 11 at noon. 2. Pre School Art at the Children's Museum Come by The Children’s Museum in Easton every Thursday starting on September 20 from 10 am to 11 am to enjoy the Preschool Art program! Children will be able to explore various art mediums as they are introduced to the colorful and creative world of art. They will become young artists as the learn how to make their own special masterpieces! …
Monday, September 24, 2012
Happy Monday, Easton.
1. American Red Cross Blood Drive The Easton Lions Club in conjuntion with the American Red Cross will be holding a blood dirve on Sept 24th 1pm-6pm. Please come by and make a valuable donation. 2. Library Breaders at the Queset House Tonight at 6 p.m.Stretch Bracelet/ Beginner Take-Away Craft Sure, it's easy to string beads on stretchy elastic--but do you know the proper way to tie a closure so it doesn't come apart? Join the Library Beaders as we learn this basic technique. Create several bracelets and add a ribbon bow for a modern, trendy look! Supplies to bring: Stretch Magic, size .5mm clear (available at AC Moore, Michael's and area bead shops) Beads of your choice A cylinder the size of your wrist (soda can, wine bottle, etc.) …
Thursday, August 30, 2012
A look at what is happening today in Easton.
1. Art Adventures at the Children's Museum Join us every Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. starting September 23rd for this exciting drop in. Every week has a new adventure! Explore different forms of dance, music, drama, as well as painting, clay and more in this creative workshop. Special guest teachers will bring their art to life in this interactive and fun filled program. "Art Adventures" does not require registration and is free with paid admission to the Museum. Admission is $7.50 per person; members and children under 1 are free. 2. Cyclists to Raise Money For Autism This Friday, a wave of cyclists will pass through the streets of Easton as they make their way toward raising awareness of autism. Participants will be riding in …
Friday, June 15, 2012
1. Art Adventures will be at the Children's Museum in Easton today at 10 a.m. For more information, click here. 2. Learn How to KoKo will be at KoKo Fit Club at 10 a.m. For more information, click here. 3. There will be a Bible Study at Judah Praise Tabernacle today at 7 p.m. For more information, click here. 4. Be sure to follow us on facebook and twitter by clicking on these links! 5. Want to learn how to post an event or announcement on Patch? Click here.