Sunday, October 23, 2011
A look ahead in Easton.
1. A slew of Easton town committee meetings will take place Monday night at the Town of Easton offices, including the Planning and Zoning Board, Historical Commission, the Board of Health, and the Board of Assessors. To view a calendar of town committee meetings, click here. 2. There will be a Halloween Magic Show, sponsored by the Ames Free Library, held at Oakes Ames Memorial Hall Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. For more information on the magic Show, click here. 3. Registration for pre-school at Maplewood Country Day Camp and Enrichment Center will begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday. For more information, click here. 4. On Friday, the Friends of the Ames Free Library will hold a Frank 'N' Stein Halloween Party at the Queset House at 7 p.m. There will be…
Sunday, July 17, 2011
A look at the week ahead of us.
1. On Monday at 4:30 p.m., Big Joe the Storyteller will be at Ames Free Library. For more information, click here. 2. Easton's Planning and Zoning Board will be meeting Monday night at Easton Town Offices beginning at 6:30 p.m. For more information, click here. 3. The Natural Resources Trust Farmer's Market will be open Tuesday all day at the Sheep Pasture. For more information, click here. 4. Thursday night at 7:30 p.m., the Knights of Columbus will be having a council meeting. For more information, click here. 5. Friday at 10 a.m., "Around the World" will be at the Children's Museum of Easton. For more information, click here.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
A few things to know in the week ahead
1. The Board of Selectmen will meet Monday night at 7 p.m. at Easton Town Offices. On the agenda, the Selectmen will discuss redistricting and an appointment for an alternate position on the Zoning Board of Appeals. 2. Easton Legion Post 7 baseball will play in its first playoff game Tuesday evening at Frothingham Park. Easton will be playing Acushnet in the first round of games. 3. The Fire House Study Committee will meet at 8:45 a.m. at Easton Town Offices. 4. "Shiver Me Timbers" will be at the Children's Museum of Easton Thursday at 10:00 a.m. For more information, click here. 5. The Easton School Committee will meet Thursday night at Oliver Ames High School at 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
A look at the week ahead
1. The 2011 Donald Charis Memorial Youth Baseball Tournament is being held from June 24 through July 1at the Militia Park Complex on Mahoney St. There are four divisions from 9-12 with 44 teams participating. Eight Easton teams will be joined by 36 teams from around Massachusetts and Rhode Island. 2. There will be a Public Health Nurse at Easton Town Offices Monday from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. For more information, click here. 3. The Board of Selectmen will meet Monday night at Easton Town Offices. On the agenda, the Board will discuss preliminary design plans for an upgraded Main Street and construction and Foundry and Turnpike Streets. 4. Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., the Ames Free Library will host a poetry reading from Sean Theall. For more …
Sunday, June 5, 2011
A few things to keep in mind in the week ahead.
1. The Board of Selectmen will meet for the first time since Town Meeting on Monday at 7 p.m. Agenda items include the discussion of South Coast Rail mitigation and conservation restrictions for the Ames Shovel Works project. 2. Langwater Farm will be hosting an event titled "Organic Food With a Budget Friendly Attitude" on Tuesday. For more information, click here. 3. Easton's Fire House Study Committee will be meeting Thursday at 8:45 a.m. For more information, click here. 4. Thursday at 7 p.m., the Easton School Committee will be meeting at the Simmons Lecture Hall in Oliver Ames High School. 5. The Ames Free Library Third Annual Spring Social will be Friday night at the Queset House. For more information, click here.